Sometimes I sit down to write and in thirty seconds I have an idea and I’m well on my way to sharing it with you.
And then other nights like tonight I don’t for the life of me know what I should talk about.
It might be because I’m tired. I’ve stayed up too late every night this week and for some unknown reason there is much jack hammering outside my window around 9:00 a.m. It makes it very hard to sleep.
Things on my mind today:
(I might repeat things I’ve said before but when you have early onset dementia you learn to live with it.)
1. I’m friends with at least ten of my readers on Facebook. Most of them no longer comment on my blog. Which you know is how I get my validation.
2. Someone should do a study as to why black people can’t taste the alcohol in their drinks.
3. I personally think that if you want to to taste the alcohol in your drink that you should order scotch on the rocks. (My friend Suzy had a customer send back a rum and coke tonight because she couldn’t taste the alcohol.)
4. Of course there is the possibility that you might have a drinking problem if you can no longer taste the alcohol in your drinks.
5. People who want things for free, don’t tip.
6. People shouldn’t ask for free stuff anyway. We run a business. We make our money by not giving things away. No you can not have a 20% discount just because. No you can not have extra ice cream for free. You want it you pay.
7. Anyone who spends money to save money is not going to tip.
8. I have a psychiatrist appointment tomorrow. I’m not looking forward to it. He’s going to yell at me because I haven’t lost weight.
9. He’s also going to yell at me because I still owe him money from my last visit.
10. I see my accountant tomorrow as well. He’s going to want money too. Ugh.
11. I’m going to Iowa in April.
12. Doing shows out of town is expensive. I have to make all the money I need to pay all of my bills for the three weeks that I’m there, plus eating money. Of course I come back with a paycheck but getting there is tough. Last time I went I had to pretend I paid my credit card bill. I also had to pretend that I wasn’t home when they called looking for money.
13. My schedule at work has been fucked again for the last two weeks. This week was especially bad. It was actually worse than the schedules I was getting last fall when I had to complain to Daniel.
14. When I mentioned this to Daniel this week, he got pissed and said, “I told Michael that I never wanted to hear you complain about your schedule again.
15. We’ll see how this weeks schedule is.
16. We may be having house guests next week. I hope we don’t. I don’t want to be annoyed all week.
17. We have to go to Maine again next weekend. The drag kings are doing another show. I’m supposed to be helping with it. Adam is making a guest appearance in it. I’ll take pictures.
18. I like going to Maine. But it’s another expense that I’d rather not have right now.
19. I sometimes really do think I have early onset dementia. I forget why I think this. But seriously I do.
20. My internet connection just crapped out. I hope I don’t lose this post.
21. I just copied and pasted it in to an email, so that I won’t lose the whole thing…which has happened before.
22. Adam and I are seeing Arcadia on Saturday night. It’s one of the perks of his job that we get to see shows for free. I’m looking forward to it. There is no singing and dancing so he’ll hate it.
23. I’m reading an awesome book right now. The Help. I’m almost finished with it, which makes me sad. I don’t want it to end.
24. I need new work shoes. The sole is coming off my current pair which are three years old.
25. I stopped to pick up something off the floor today at work, and the gum that I was not supposed to be chewing, flew out of my mouth and went sailing. Luckily no one saw, except for Suzie. I had this horrible fear that it was going to land in someone’s hair.
26. I told a customer today that our fish wasn’t very good. He ordered it any way. Why do you ask the waiter’s opinion if you aren’t going to take it?
27. I’m off tomorrow. Thank god. I’m beat.
28. Anyone out there watching American Idol. I’m not sure that I’m committed to sticking with it this year.
29. Adam thinks the contestant Scotty McCreery must have a huge penis, to be as cocky as he is at 17.
30. I need new Ipod ear phones. I currently have the ear buds but they won’t stay in my ears so I can’t hear the music.
31. My secret subscription to Art Search has expired. That means that I can no longer see teaching job ads for theater designers. Perhaps this is a sign.
32. If I hurry I might actually make it to bed before 4:00 a.m.
And with that I think I’m done.
Good night all.
Tune in tomorrow night for more musings my Maddog.