I know it’s been a while. I’ve really sucked at all of my New Year’s resolutions. They were:
1. Read more. I haven’t even gotten a third of the way through the book I’m reading.
2. Lose more weight. I haven’t even lost a pound. I’ve probably gained weight if the truth were told.
3. Write/blog more. You know how well that was is going.
1. The problem I have with reading is that I get sucked in with Facebook at the end of the night. Then I end up scrolling for hours. And now I’ve started playing Trivia Crack which is the first game I’ve really played on my phone in years. So instead of reading I play on my phone. And it’s an easy fix. I need to put my phone down when I go to bed and not pick it back up again until the next day. I’ll try. I promise. I’ll try.
2. I haven’t really been on a diet since just before Thanksgiving. I took the month of December off and January sort of just followed. January is a tough one any way because we have our anniversary, Adam’s birthday, a couple of post season holiday parties and cold weather which screams for comfort food. And today i tried to put on a pair of jeans that fit in November and they did not fit today. FUCK!. Today has been a good day. I just need to string about 180 good days together.
3. Facebook is probably the reason I don’t blog as well. I get sucked in and find myself on the couch unwilling to move to my office to write. It’s mostly a matter of once again putting the phone down and getting my lazy ass off the couch and just doing it. That’s all it will take. See how easy that is.
So it’s the start of a new month. Let’s see if I can do better in February!