This is long but the best part is at the end…
Poll: Do you think Bush was better than Obama. Jackie: Yes!!!!
Jackie: just dont like the man…..
1. He’s talked to terrorist…….trying to negotiate…you can’t negotiate with terrorists. Iran sponsored hezzbollah, which in turn attacks our troops in Iraq. Iran supplies alqaida and the taliban.
2. He wouldn’t send troops to re-inforce afghanistan when requested.
3. He bowed to the Saudi King…….in other words he’s telling the king we’ll do what you want us to do.
4. He’s trying to use taxpayer dollars in his “health care reform” to fund abortions.
I could go on and on………..but you tell me what he’s done that’s so right?
2) Have you considered ALL the options … as a REASONABLE leader is supposed to do?
3) FALSE, and I notice you’ve taken the word “bowed” to further falsify this statement.
4) FALSE and ridiculous.
5) I’ll bet you get your information from FOX.
Presidency_of_Barack_Obama. Perhaps you’ll find under the many topics from the “contents” column some things you recognize as good for YOU and good for our nation.
i hear what all yall have to say….and i agree with some of both sides, but like michelle said, if you dont agree now, you are not gonna agree later, so why debate it?
like i said before, i just dont like the man.
oh, and no i do not live in a cave thank you!! =)
and normally i like to debate too, but i dont wanna have to make my old 5th grade teacher ‘ms lucas’ look silly.
aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAHA HA HAHAHAH A.
IM ONLY KIDDING MS UCAS!! BUT THAT WAS GOOD, HA HAHAH A. =)
(you don’t have to anwer that dad – I know where you stand 😉 I’m not a big Obama fan – but to get back tot he original question – I’d take him over Bush any day
We could debate all day long, but apparently we aren’t going to agree……so we’ll just have to agree to disagree
So let’s look at some things.
1. Afghanistan is in the mess it’s in because George Bush pulled troops out of there to fight a senseless war in Iraq. And before you start: There were NO weapons of mass destruction, and everyone who was part of the Bush administration has admitted to falsifying the beliefs that Saddam had a hand in 9/11.
2. Part of the reason the country is in the foreign relations mess that it’s in is because Bush refused to talk to anyone. And if we are going to talk about Iran, then should we forget that the US paved the way for the Taliban to be in power during the first Bush administration.
3. He bowed to the Saudi King because it’s polite. Just like Michelle Obama curtseyed to the Queen. Just like we’d expect any foreign dignitary to treat our President with the customs which have been established in our country.
4. As for tax money for abortions. Why not? Why do you get to choose how your money is spent and I don’t? A women’s right to choose is a women’s right to choose. And just for the record he’s never said tax money will pay for abortions. It might pay for counseling, but not the abortion itself.
5. Might as well talk about socialism while we are at it. Whether you like it or not we’ve had socialist programs in this country since it’s founding. I’ll be happy to send you the pledge to abstain from using all the socialist programs in our country but you’d have to do things like stop using the library, or going to museums, or using the police and fire, or the sidewalks, or most medicines because government run programs paid for their research. And let’s not forget Medicaid and Medicare. Perhaps you can pay my mother’s medical costs when Medicare is disbanded. I can go on but you probably get the point.
6. And last but not least. The reason I am responding. Our nation was NOT founded on Christian beliefs. Check out the Treaty of Peace and Friendship, do a little googling about the beliefs of our founding fathers. Here’s a website that contains a few quotes attributed to them.http://www.skeptically.org/thinkersonreligion/id9.html. And if I’m wrong and we are a christian nation then who’s version of Christianity? Jehovah Witness? Mormon? Catholic? Southern Baptist? Church of Christ? International Church of Four Square Gospel? Mennonite? Who gets to decide? The Jehovah Witness Church believes that you should not celebrate holidays, including Christmas. Southern Baptist say drinking is bad. The catholics say you have to confess your sins to a priest. The Quakers don’t believe in violence. Do you get to decide? Or do I? Does the guy down the street? It’s too broad a statement to say that it’s founded as a Christian nation. Religion should always be left up to the individual and not be forced up on the masses, because it just may end up that your version is not the version you are stuck with.
The reason this country IS great is because we can have debates such as these. All I ask is base the argument on fact and not the nonsense that Fox News or MSNBC for that matter spews at you. Read a newspaper. Or a magazine. Surf the Internet. Form an opinion then question that opinion. “I don’t like the man is not an answer.” George Bush was a very likable fellow. A pretty lousy president but I’m pretty damn sure he’d be fun to have a beer with.
Let’s start with a little known document called The Declaration of Independence. Quoting “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” What it does not say is this, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all white Christian men are created equal. It’s comments like yours that embarrass me when I tell people I’m from Kentucky. How can such a beautiful state breed such hatred and contempt for mankind.
I will say this, the country might be a lot better off if the queers (it was nice you didn’t call me a fag) the muslims (it was nice that you didn’t call them sand niggers) and niggers (there’s very little that’s nice in that term) did run this country. I find it interesting that you didn’t include women in the statement. There is a whole group of men out there who would be happy if women were at home barefoot and pregnant. Might as well throw in the Jews while we are at it, and god knows the Mexicans are ruining our country.
The white supposedly Christian men that have been running this country have done a pretty good job of running it into the ground. A black man did not get us into Vietnam. A muslim did not start the civil war. A queer did not drop the first nuclear bomb. In fact 90% of the issues with this country have been created by white men. Who do you think ruined the economy. Who do you think got us into the wars that we are in. Yes, we have men dying but the question you really need to ask is why? Because George Bush hated Saddam Hussein? There is still very little evidence that the Iraqi people or the US for that matter are any better off now that he’s not in power. In fact research has shown that it has made the middle east far less stable because there is no one group in power there now. Who do you think has created the disaster that is our healthcare industry. White, mostly Christian men.
Now think about this. The only people that will sit idly by and listen to the ignorant bigoted rhetoric that you are spewing forth are other ignorant bigoted people. Almost every study out there shows that people who are better educated are less likely to be prejudiced. They are almost always more forgiving of people. They are almost always more sympathetic to the needs of others. I can’t say I’ve never met an educated bigot, but I can say this, almost all of the bigots I have met are barely high school graduates if at all and have never travelled more than a few hundred miles from their home state. When was the last time you left Kentucky and ventured into Europe? South America? Africa? It’s my guess that if you saw that the world outside of Kentucky is beautiful and amazing you might be a little more tolerant of the people around you. There are so many wonderful people in the world that you are excluding from your life because of your narrow view of the world.
And because education is fun I did a little research tonight. Seems your last name is Welsh. And if you do a little investigating they are not always looked on so fondly in England. About a year ago a journalist called the Welsh “”loquacious, dissemblers, immoral liars, stunted, bigoted, dark, ugly, pugnacious little trolls.” This is a good one too, “”The Welsh have never made any significant contribution to any branch of knowledge, culture or entertainment. They have no architecture, no gastronomic tradition, no literature worthy of the name.” And well according to you anyone of a certain descent fits into one mode, ie. all blacks are the same, all muslims are the same then it goes to figure using your method of discrimination that anyone that is Welsh must fit this description and therefore anyone with your last name must therefore be described accordingly. I know this is bullshit because I’ve known people with your last name as long as I’ve been alive and most (but clearly not all) are wonderful people. So remember when you start name calling and throwing around insults it doesn’t take long for an educated person to find a way to throw it back in your direction.
I hope someday you are able to open your mind to all the amazing people that you are not allowing into your life because of your bigotry. I will say a little prayer tonight, and I’m not religious, that should you have children they learn very quickly that there is life outside Kentucky, that they don’t have to believe everything they’ve been taught by their families and that they are able to forgive you for teaching them hate as a family value.