I’m at a loss today. Drawing a blank. I have about 20 drafts of things I’ve started and haven’t finished. I also have some meme’s that I’ve saved along the way. I haven’t done one in a long time so here you go.
1. What did you want to be when you ‘grew up?’
A teacher, an architect, a dentist, an actor.
2. What are you now?
To make money I wait tables. I would love to work full time as a lighting designer.
3. What fictional character did you identify with as a child?
I wanted to be Nancy Drew. And I read all the Oz books as a child. I liked the idea of escaping to a different world.
4. How about now?
I’m not sure that I do.
5. What is your ‘Gay Pride’ Song?
It’s Raining Men holds the most importance for me, for a number of different reasons.
6. What is your drag song (we ALL have one)?
I Will Always Love You. Either Whitney or Dolly.
7. Earliest memory?
Going to bed with my mom and having to have all of my stuffed animals arranged in the bed to suit me. My talking Bugs Bunny was up top with me. I would have been about two.
8. Memory you’d like to forget?
Being put on the spot in San Diego and asked to introduce Adam. I went blank on his name and introduced him as David. I was devastated. It didn’t bother him nearly as much as it did me.
9. If you ran for a seat in political office, what would be your platform(s)?
Gay marriage would be up front and center. Especially since I now have a boyfriend that won’t marry me until we can do so legally. Healthcare would be up top as well.
10. Winehouse. Want her to succeed or are you over her?
All I know is she’s a mess. I wouldn’t recognize her if she was on TV right now.
[For the next three questions, I am assuming that “love” means “love” (agape) and not “crush” or “lust” (eros or even philia), and that the questions are asked independent of (awareness of) sexual orientation.]
11. The first person you thought you loved?
Kenny. It lasted about two minutes. He broke up with me most gently and I was devastated. Later I found out he was more of a mess than I ever knew.
12. The first person you actually loved?
Sam. I just didn’t do a very good job of showing it.
13. The person you love now?
Adam. He’s the best. I have no doubts about our relationship and everyday I look forward to many more with him.
14. If you could be, do, have, own, or possess anything you wanted, what would it be?
To have not gone to my undergrad college. I’m 99% sure that I’d be in a very different place right now if I’d gone to a big state school. I’d have come out sooner, grown up sooner and found my passion sooner. Then again I might not know a LOT of the people I know now so who knows if I’d really want that.
15. Even if you are in love with someone right now, who are you/could be crushing on right now?
Ryan Reynolds. He’s HOT!
And Ur-spo’s bonus add-on question: This is from a very long time ago.
Bonus. Have you kissed a skunk?
Hmmm. Way too many. WAY TOOOO MANY.
Have a great weekend.