It’s 1:02 a.m. I’m exhausted. I’m still a little hung over. I’m cranky. And I don’t have a fucking clue what I would write about tonight. Perhaps that Charlton Heston is dead. My roommate wanted to know if we could now pry the gun out of his cold dead hand. Perhaps that I still haven’t started my light plot yet. And it’s due on Tuesday because I was granted a 24 hour extension. Perhaps that I stopped by work and a couple of people thought I had quit because I haven’t been there in a week. A couple more had been told I was seriously ill and that’s why I hadn’t been there. It’s the restaurant business, who knows how these rumors get started. I stopped in to give away my shifts for Monday and Tuesday so that I could get my design finished, do laundry, clean my room and get ready to go away for 17 days. Stay tuned for my 17 day post of life in Iowa. And so without further ado I give you meme number two. The nice things about memes is that it doesn’t take a lot of thought to answer the questions and on the days you are not motivated it’s the easy out to a post. It also helps that these things float around like crazy on MySpace so they are easy to find.
And so….Hungover Meme.
1. Do you still talk to the person who broke your heart the most?
I did for a long time. And then he started living his life as a cracked out drug whore and I had to let him go. I haven’t talked to him since 2001, although he left a message for me when my dad died. I don’t know if he’s cleaned up his life or not, but if he hasn’t then I really have no time for him.
2. Have you seen your best friend naked?
Yes. We went to Black’s Beach together in San Diego and after about 20 minutes we both said fuck it and stripped down. It was about as sexual as shopping for a goldfish.
3. Are you obsessed with someone?
4. Did you work today?
Not at the restaurant. I had about a 60 minute conversation with a choreographer about the show I’m doing in Iowa.
5. Do you like more than one person right now?
I don’t even like myself right now. I definitely don’t like anyone else.
6. Name something that you would love to eat right now?
The carrot cake that’s in the fridge.
7. Did you get any compliments today?
Not specifically. The choreographer was impressed with many of my ideas. She made a point of telling me she was excited to see some of my ideas implemented. At the restaurant everyone seemed generally sad that I was going to be gone almost three weeks. That’s kind of a compliment.
8. Who was the last person to call you?
Kelly called to see if I wanted anything from the deli on her way home tonight, but I didn’t answer. The last call that I answered was from Pete. He was meeting Kelly and I out for beers last night.
9. If you could pick the temperature of the outdoors for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. Do you steal people’s boyfriends or girlfriends?
Not anymore. I did even worse things when I was young and stupid. Now I try not be the bad guy.
11. Are you happy?
12. Who was the last person who you texted?
My friend Lou. I texted him to let him know I had sent the email he was expecting.
13. Who was the last person you im’d?
Also Lou to arrange to meet for coffee on Sunday.
14. Are you moody?
Not really. Most days I’m just happy and smiling. My psychiatrist hates this because he says he never gets to see the real me. Even when I tell him I’m depressed I’m smiling. I have found it makes life easier to live this way.
15. Last person you hung out with?
Pete and Kelly.
16. Have you ever tried to get back with an ex?
Yes. With Sam. He’s the junkie. I tried for a good seven or eight years before I finally realized it wasn’t happening.
20. Have you ever dated two people at one time?
Yes, but not very successfully. Now if I’m dating you, I’m only dating you. I know it’s putting all my eggs in one basket, but how can you really know if you are meshing with someone if you are trying to mesh with three or four someones.
21. Have you ever gone to a nude beach?
See Question #2.
23. Who was the last person to make you mad?
Deeanna at work. She’s a know it all 12 year old that ordered me to do work that wasn’t mine to do. If anyone else had asked I would have done it without even thinking. But I have no use for her, so I said no. Then she yelled at me. And that pissed me off.
24. Are you thirsty?
No, because I’ve got a new can of Caffeine Free Diet Coke sitting on my desk.
25. Are you listening to music? What are you listening to?
No music. All I can hear are the people outside arguing. It’s getting warm in NYC and the people are coming out of their hiding places.
26. Whats the last thing you do before you go to sleep?
Take my meds and read. I finished a really awful book a couple of nights ago and started Stephen King’s new book last night. So far I’m not impressed.
27. Have you ever lied to your parents?
Oh, tooooo many times to count.
28. Have you ever worn your best friend’s clothes?
Nope, she’s a girl. And she’s about half my size.
29. Have you ever thrown up from working out?
I threw up after running a 5K race a million years ago. It was at night and the temperature was bout 99 degrees and the humidity was as high as it could be without raining.
30. Who do you miss?
My friend Todd in San Diego. My friend Michelle in Maine. My friend Tom in San Francisco. My friend Angie in San Diego. My friend Kim in San Francisco.
31. Where are your siblings right now?
I’m assuming at home in Lexington, Kentucky.
32. Last person you hugged?
Danielle at work tonight. She hugged me good-bye and told me she was going to miss me while I was gone.
33. Name five things you did today?
2. Watched Chuck put the new vacuum cleaner together.
3. Went to work to get rid of my shifts.
4. Watched about 20 minutes of Saturday Night Live. Christopher Walken sucked.
5. Wrote this post
34. Last person you called?
Kelly to find out what time she was going to be back in the city tonight.
35. Future kid’s name?
NADA, cause there ain’t ever gonna be a kid.
36. What are you doing tomorrow?
Meeting my friend Lou for coffee and then working about a million hours on my design.
37. Are you on a laptop or a desktop?
My beautiful Mac Powerbook.
38. What is your mood?
Hungover. Depressed. Is it really a good idea to drink when you are depressed?
39. Is anyone jealous of you?
Seriously who isn’t. If you knew me you would be jealous too. Who wouldn’t want to be a fat middle aged gay man. I mean really. Okay, enough joking. I think the only people who are jealous are people I work with who don’t understand how I make as much money as I do and want to know how to do it.
40. When is the last time you got flowers?
I don’t remember the last time I got flowers. I honestly think it was flowers that David sent to me for my birthday. I gave them to my friend Sarah because she caught me on the way to the garbage.
41. Where were you 2 hours ago?
Sitting on my sofa getting ready to watch Saturday Night Live. Did I mention that Christopher Walken sucked. He couldn’t take his eyes off the teleprompter.
42. What were you doing 4 hours ago?
Standing outside my restaurant calling Kelly to see if we were going to meet up or if I was going to just come home. I chose to come on home, I’m glad I did too.
43. What does your hair look like right now?
It’s short on the sides a little longer on top.
44. Has anyone ever used you?
And what do you mean by used? Have I been played. Yes, too many times to count.
45. Has anyone ever told you that they like you more than as a friend?
Yes, and almost always it’s someone that I’m not attracted to.
47. Is your hair naturally curly, or straight?
48. Who were you last in a car with?
Kelly in the cab coming home last night.
49. What are you looking forward to?
Coming home from Iowa.
50. What do you think about being cheated on?
As someone who has done the cheating as well as someone who’s been cheated on, I have no use for it. If you want to sleep around then have the decency to tell you partner. Chances are they want to sleep around too. But if you are “cheating” then you aren’t really “IN” the relationship and then you should do us all a break and get out.
51. Any of your friends getting married?
52. Is tomorrow going to be a good day?
Probably not. I’m going to have to play catch up so I’ll be up on Sunday night when all you readers out there are just getting up for work on Monday morning. If anyone has insomnia tomorrow night and wants me to bore them to sleep, just give me a call.
Ever wonder why there are weird number of questions in these thing? Why 52? Why not 50? Or 60? Why 52? I’m just saying.