So Word Press has updated their site. It’s taken me 20 minutes to find my drafts. This meme along with many others was one of them. I’m sure it won’t take long to get used to it, but I hate that it’s 6:15 in the a.m. and I’m trying to figure out where my drafts are. I went out drinking with my friend Kelly whose staying with me and my friend Pete both of which I worked with last summer in Oklahoma. We had a great time we were just out later than expected. And since I don’t have the time or energy to think of something to write.
Here’s a meme to entertain:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1) What was I doing 10 yrs ago?
In 1998 I was teaching high school in Cincinnati, hating every minute of it and trying to decide what I could do to get out of it. I ended up choosing to cash in my retirement, sell my belongings and move to NYC.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
1. Start the rough plans for my lighting design which is due on Tuesday.
2. Start the rough plans for my lighting design which is due on Tuesday.
3. Start the rough plans for my lighting design which is due on Tuesday.
4. Go to the movies.
5. Meet Kelly at my restaurant for drinks around 11:00 p.m. or so.
3) Snacks I enjoy:
Carrot Cake, Cashews, Cheerios, Diet Coke, Diet Coke.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Chuck, my roommate and I would move downtown to the West Village to a four story brownstone that would cost 5 million. It would then take a million to renovate and a million to decorate. He would get the top floor. I would get the third four. The first floor would be formal. The basement would have a TV/Home theatre room. By the way we would have several guest rooms if anyone would like to come and visit.
2. Give a million dollars each to the three colleges/university’s that I attended.
3. Give a million dollars to the gay/lesbian theatre in San Diego that I worked at.
4. Buy my mom a new house that needs no repairs and hire a lawn boy to care for her yard.
5. Pay off my friend’s Tom and Angie’s student loans.
6. Buy a space and start a theatre company run by my roommate. I would be the principal lighting designer.
7. Give a bunch of money to charity.
8. Buy my friend Todd a house in North Carolina, with a mother-in-law suite so Chuck and I could visit.
9. Let my cousin Jessie move into the home my mother now lives in.
13. Pay for a 1,400 dollar prostitute so that I too could know what it’s like to be governor.
5) Three of my bad habits:
1. Drinking Diet Coke
2. Be better about my finances.
3. Try to be more patient.
6) 5 places I have lived:
1. Lexington, KY
2. Atlanta, GA
3. Cincinnati, OH
4. Overland Park, KA
5. Tuscaloosa, AL
7) 5 jobs I have had:
1.The Fry Guy at Wendy’s
2. The stock boy at J.C. Penny’s. (This is a post in and of itself)
3. A fly boy. He’s the guy that stands at the end of a printing press and straightens the papers as they come off the press.
4. Office Manager.
5. Did I mention that I have waited tables. At 10 different restaurants. And except for 8 of them. I’ve been fired from all of the. Ah, what an employee I am.
I won’t tag anyone but it would be fun to hear how other people answer these questions.