The weekend is over. I have to say that I sort of wasted it. I didn’t do anything productive and in fact was sort of anti-productive. I slept late both Saturday and Sunday. But then I really didn’t expect anything different since it’s been two months since I’ve slept in my own bed. I really do LOVE my bed. It’s the right firmness and it’s big and it’s mine and I love it.
As for what’s up with me. Woke up this afternoon to a rainfall in our kitchen. I kept hearing water running and finally got out of bed, walked into the kitchen to find Chuck standing there perplexed as water cascaded down from the ceiling via the light fixture. In fact it was only coming from the three lights in the fixture as though that was the purpose it served. By the time I’d gotten up Chuck had already called our useless super to tell him there was a problem. I agreed to stay home until he arrived and Chuck left for the gym. The super arrived about 45 minutes later. He definitely doesn’t believe in the less is more idea when it comes to cologne. He drilled me in his broken English about what the problem was, and whether we had talked to our upstairs neighbors yet. I assured him we weren’t causing the problem, that Chuck had talked to the neighbors and they weren’t the problem and regardless he needed to do something. He kind of grunted at me and told me he’d be back later.
Chuck arrived back home 30 minutes or so after the super stopped by. He’d seen the super in the hallway and turns out our upstairs neighbor two floors up has an illegal dishwasher they’d installed and that was the problem. It was suggested we not use the light fixture in the kitchen for a couple of days to make sure it is dried out properly. Ah, the beauty of apartment living. Of course the nice thing is that it didn’t cost us to fix it so I guess there are pros and cons.
So I have some complaining to do about drivers.
1. Is it really necessary to drive with your bright lights when you are on the highway. If someone is in front of you it blinds the hell out of them and is distracting as shit.
2. Do you really need to go less than the speed limit in the left lane? Or even worse travel at the same speed as the person in the right lane, blocking at least ten cars behind you?
3. Is there any need to break when you are on the freeway and nothing is in front of you and I’m behind you?
4. Did you really not know you needed to turn right before you got into the left hand lane of the road?
5. Is where you need to go more so much more important that you almost force me into oncoming traffic while driving down Broadway?
That’s it for now.
Hope everyone has a great week.